Bethany Lutheran Church began in 1922 with 12 adults and 12 children gathering in an upper room on the corner of Pearl and Ridge Roads. In 1931, Oscar Klemp came to Bethany as its first senior pastor. Pastor Gary Hill continues in that roll today. The land in which the church is currently located on was purchased by a single member during the depression.
Many new ministries were added over the years, including Bethany Lutheran School, which opened in 1935. This highly respected program, which includes preschool through eighth grade, currently has approximately 375 students enrolled.
Bethany proceeded to enlarge and add on to it’s facility until 1967 when the present worship center was constructed. Another enhancement, to the school, came in 1992 when a multipurpose gymnasium was added and classroom facilities were significantly remodeled and updated.
A third major building program to enlarge classroom facilities was planned in 2001. Those plans changed however when all but the worship center was destroyed by a fire in July 2001. After two years at off site locations, the educational facilities and day school reopened in a fully updated and new facility in 2003.
please join us for worship!